Tuesday, November 8, 2011

final magazine

this is my final magazine cover.  The only problem i ran into was what colors the stories should be in. I went with an off white.  Since it was the fall edition i chose a fall background landscape and fall colors for the type.  I thought it made the point without blending in with the background.  I think i did a good job at blending the house into the photo, i did a lot of work on it.  The photo of the house i had was too bright and had shadows and trees in the way. i used the stamp tool to get rid of that stuff.  Also i took a low opacity brush of black over the roof where the sun was hitting it to make it look like it belongs in the landscape.  My illustration of PA and the Eastern state penitentiary turned out very well, it is simple but gets the point across that i wanted.  My masshead background shape, i tried to make it look old like the house, i think i could have done a little more work on that, but i love the typeface i chose for the masshead.  Overall, I am happy with the way my magazine turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment